To Our Figueroa Orthodontics Patients:
We have worked diligently developing an enhanced plan based on recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to keep you, your family and our team safe throughout this COVID-19 crisis. To ensure the highest quality of care and safety this is what you can expect at your next appointment.
1) At home, prior to the visit, the patient must carefully brush and floss their teeth.
**We will not be providing toothbrushes in our hygiene stations**
2) You will receive a text message approximately 1 hour prior to your visit with a link to our “COVID-19 Supplemental Consent & Health Questionnaire” — This must be signed. NO PATIENT WILL BE SEEN WITHOUT THIS SIGNED DOCUMENT.
3) To limit the number of people entering our office please:
- Call our office from your car to inform us of your arrival. We will let you know when to enter our office suite.
- Patients will be limited to 1 guest (if wanted) to accompany them.
- A guardian must accompany children aged 10 or younger.
4) All persons entering the office must be wearing a mask.
5) All patients and guardians arriving at the office will have their temperature taken. If temperature is at or above 99.6°F you will be asked to reschedule your appointment and call your physician for follow-up as needed.
6) You will notice fewer and more widely spaced seats in the waiting room. There are no magazines, toys, or beverage services, all in an effort to maintain social distancing.
7) An assistant will escort the patient to the hygiene station where you will be asked to wash your hands and a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse will be provided. After the rinse the patient will be taken to the operatory to receive treatment.
8) For certain procedures you may notice your orthodontist and assistants wearing different protective equipment than at previous appointments. This could include masks, face shields, gowns and goggles. These additional precautions help protect both you and the treating team.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and acceptance of these temporary but necessary changes for practice safety.
– The Figueroa Orthodontics Team